Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hey Lady, My Bug, My Pearl

Last week was my birthday, and I've been meaning to write about it all week long. Chad has every Monday off, so although my birthday was actually Tuesday, we opted to celebrate it on Monday. Chad asked me to wear a dress to work that day and then picked me up for lunch. We went down to the resort to have lunch at the beautiful restaurant overlooking Lake Coeur d'Alene. When we arrived at the resort, the valets opened my door and said, "Happy Birthday, Mrs. Anderson." When we got up to the restaurant, we were led to a corner table which had a lake view from two sides. A bouquet of flowers was sitting on the table from Chad, and as soon as we sat down he gave me some beautiful jewelry. Needless to say, Chad did a good job...

We had a fabulous lunch and when we were finishing, our waiter brought us out a special cake made out of cotton candy with a scoop of ice cream inside the cake. I'm not much of a cotton candy fan, but it was really cute and we picked at it for awhile. After we had been picking at it for about ten minutes, Chad grabbed a piece and was pulling it into his mouth when I saw something black move. He pulled his hand back and we realized that it was a live beetle scurrying around. At this point, we stopped eating the cake... When the waiter came back to check on us, we showed him the beetle which was still happily scurrying around the cake. The waiter immediately picked up the plate and ran into the kitchen. A few minutes later the chef personally came out and apologized, and said that they would comp our lunch for us. Additionally, he made us a molten lava cake (my favorite) that wasn't even on the menu. All and all, it turned out to be a great lunch! We enjoyed great food, that we didn't have to pay for,and now have a great story to tell. All because of a little beetle. Now we're tempted to bring our own beetle whenever we go out! BYOB. :)

2 comments:

Marc Daybell said...

It was so nice getting to spend your Birthday with you.

Have a wonderful year.

Love

Mom

Marc Daybell said...

So my question for you to ponder is: was it Paul or Ringo ('cause the other two Beatles, John and George, have already passed on to that great big slice of cotton candy birthday cake in the sky)?

Oh, wait, you said BEETLE - not BEATLE! My mistake! Sorry!

For me, the absolute best part of your birthday date was that Mum and I got to watch Jax almost all day...it doesn't get better than that!

Keep smilin', and remember to check before you chew!

XOXO,

Pop - T.O.S.F.G.